Monday, September 24, 2007

I'm in Cardiff!

So the day has finally arrived. This is my first blog post from Cardiff University. I'm in the Magazine suite, we've had an introductory talk and I am currently listening to some of the other students chat while we wait to enrol. It's unbelievably hot in all of the rooms here!

I haven't yet got my head around the fact that I am a post graduate student now - I remember being so awed by all the clever, resourceful postgrads who helped teach us at Swansea. I even had a favourite - James Beard. He's still there. He was so encouraging when I was a first year. Obviously, I'm not studying for a doctorate or anything, so it won't be quite the same. But it is very exciting. Everyone's going for drinks now...think I may soon be the only one left down here, typing into the computer (no change there then).

Anyway, we have a wealth of very 'sexy' (the deputy department director's words, not mine) equipment at our fingertips, and access to InDesign, and both PCs and AppleMacs in the lab, which is great, because I've not had chance to get to grips with Apples yet.
So I'm excited, and terrified, and feel out of my depth financially, but as I said to Timmy this morning, I worked my arse off to get on to this bloody course, and I'm not going to give it up easily.


No comments: