Thursday, March 01, 2007

Divorce, St. David's Day and dissertation

The dissertation draft is due in soon. As is the Researching Politics (Child Soldiers) group report. So I'm snowed under. Again. Plus I have another application form, or actually a few. Some are for funding, but I'm also applying to the Telegraph. They're offering apprenticeships, basically. The application is ten pages long. The funding letters are more vauge 'set out personal circumstances'. Don't ask for my life history, because you will surely get it.
The list has gone up for graduations ceremonies. Not until July. But that makes no difference. The fact is that the two people who brought me up hate each other to the extent that they cannot be left in the same room together and their silly divorce is going through court as we speak. It's completely unecessary, but there it is. Currently, I'm disgusted with both of them. The word is we only get two tickets for graduation. I thought about it and got quite stressed. This is going to be an important day. I thought about the options, and combinations, and decided I couldn't invite anyone. I was at Dai's parents house. I could invite them, I joked. Better than no one to be happy for me.
But I've thought about it some more. I think I might invite both my parents. Maybe I'll tell them the other's going, maybe I won't until they ask. I will however make it as difficult as possible for them to say no. That'll force them to get their act together, and if they don't, then they don't love me. I shall also reserve the right to completely ignore them if they act up and refuse to referee.
Childish? Maybe. but sometimes it does people good to have a taste of their own medicine.

No comments: