Wednesday, May 09, 2007

End of degree numbers!

Numbers for my end of degree:

1450 - approximate number of words I handed in last week.

5 - bottles of cola Dai and I drank last week to keep us going. Also the number of tickets I've requested for my graduation ceremony.

9 - days left of University for me - my big presentation is on the 18th, and that's the last thing.

5531 - how much my fees (in pounds) probably are next year.

19 - the number of journals in my bibliography of my dissertation.

26 - how much it cost to have my ballgown dry-cleaned. It was worth it though, it looks stunning now. I'll be wearing it tomorrow night at the Media Awards.

10 - the number of issues of Waterfront I have been Features Editor for.

It's nearly over. I had my last Waterfront meeting last night, so we all went for a drink, but we're all going to be at the media awards so that's probably our last social.

They said to us last year that the third year would be our most enjoyable year, and they weren't wrong. But it wasn't for the reasons they thought it would be - the course was better last year, I thought. But the paper's been brilliant - I've realised what I want to do and I have a chance to have a stab at it.

It's scary to leave University. And although I really don't want to leave Swansea, I think I'm ready for something else now. New challenges lay ahead - just to deal with this presentation first!

No comments: