Thursday, November 15, 2007

My perfect Christmas

I am not looking forward to Christmas. I kinda like it once it's there, but it's always far from ideal and I basically don't want to do this again this year. Yes, it sounds alright, but what I didn't post about was the stress, and dread and worry and the missing of Dai. Sad, but true, and like a spoilt child I want my own way at Christmas. Not that I'll get it, but never mind.

So here's my perfect Christmas. I've thought about it and I reckon it involves a small, warm dwelling in a remote area, preferably somewhere with a mountain nearby, a log fire and huge supply of logs, lots of food for me to cook, a television and some good films on DVD (in case there's nothing on). Plus some walking boots and warm coats to attempt the mountain with, or at least a walk. Oh - and Dai. And some wine, and various other drinks. And a working phone to chat to everyone on Christmas morning, before turning it off and going back to bed. A really lazy Christmas, filled with fluffy jumpers and even fluffier roast potatoes.

No comments: