Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy New Year

Happy New Year everyone!
I hope, very much, that this is going to be a happy year for me, and for everyone I know. I am aware that there are a lot of decisions to make, a lot of things to do and challenges to meet. I haven't really made any resolutions; in all fairness I usually do that at Halloween anyway, but the most useful thing I think I can resolve to do is to not be afraid of all the changes and decisions which are about to face me.

My family is going to face a testing time as my parent's divorce and financial settlement comes through; and my father's decreased mobility is going to mean we need to make plans for the family business. But I hope that once the divorce is through we can finally find some closure, and move on and make plans without the uncertainty about whether or not we the plans will be scuppered by a crippling divorce payment, or whether we'll actually lose the house and business, which is how we've been living for nearly three years.
I really hope the pressure will lift so we can all move on.

This is also the last part of the last year of my degree. I am having to come to terms with the idea that I will not be in Swansea next year. This is sad, because I love it, more than I thought I would. Swansea and Wales in general can rest assured however that I will not be gone for long whatsoever, even if I don't get a place at Cardiff in September.
However, I can't imagine my degree is going to be a fantastic one - I hope I can get something respectable, but in any case, university has done a lot for me. I have, with the help of the uni rag, decided to persue journalism; fed up of being cautious and throwing away dreams, I'm going to go for it and give it everything I've got.

As to my personal life, there has been a lot of upheaval but; I am very happy. I sincerely hope that my life will continue in this happy way, and that it is the same for my friends; I am acutely aware that many of my friends have had difficult times recently.

This past year has been difficult, and productive, and wonderful and terrible at different times, and I am aware that this next year is very important and will not be easy; but I am lucky in that I am now closer to my family than I have been for some time and I hope that this will only get better. I am also blessed with many loving friends who have been supportive, and tolerant, and downright marvellous; I hope I will be there for them too when they need me.

The only last thing to note is that I have a good feeling about this year. I think I'm ready to do this. I hope I am, it's coming whether I am or not!

Here's to a happy and successful new year, with my love. x

No comments: