Wednesday, January 24, 2007

My boyfriend makes oi laff...

Now you'd think a Computer Science student would be completely obsessed with his err.. equipment; and you'd be right! Don't get me wrong, he loves his toys and gadgets, but I'd never have thought one so technologically-minded would refer to his computer as a 'piece of shit' quite so often.
I work on the assumption that if you're nice to the nice computer, the nice computer will be nice to you. Ok, so I'm wrong, but I'm not doing too badly; I've had my laptop for 4 years (cue a complete breakdown) and so what if the disk drive is broken and Office is completely screwed for no apparent reason? I use an external or USB drive if necessary and have Open Office. Oh and for some reason it won't go into standby mode, it just releases blue screns of death instead. Odd, but manageable. I just have to cope with it being either on or off.

I don't mind. The boyfriend, however, gets really mad at his whenever something goes wrong for no apparent reason. I'm beginning to think he likes it though (I certainly don't mind, he's really cute when he's angry at inanimate objects, it makes me giggle); he's always so proud when he works it out and fixes it. That's what he's good at. Amongst other things, of course.

No comments: