Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Denial? Deterrance? Doing some reading?

So the seminar went ok today; they usually do. It's always the boys though! One presentation and they're straight in there - blindingly obvious they've done no reading on the subject - yet feel they can criticise. Makes me giggle, especially when I know they're talking bollocks. Which is what I will probably be doing tomorrow, as I have not done enough. But I did swim a kilometre though. (Sounds good, huh? 20 lengths of the National Pool for Wales - kilometre.) And, picked up prescription sunglasses. I am a habitual glasses wearer due to my right eye being generally rubbish. Left one - fine. I could wear a monocle. (Spelling?) I did actually only have one contact lens. So it's very exciting news that finally my fear of hitting something while driving due to being blinded by the sun can be laid to rest. (I'm a shortarse you see, and those visor flap things are no assistance.) And Penny informs me the glasses are very glam. Double whammy.
Tomorrow; seminar - America is an Empire. Discuss. And gym induction. I hate gyms on the whole but there is some serious toning needed, and swimming, although I love it, involves the whole hassle of getting wet. It means I have to wash my hair, and as I have a policy of washing my hair twice a week at most (to maintain healthiness, natural oil and scalp balance; and reduce the amount of times I can dry and straighten it) makes it a bit inconvenient. Plus I love beating boys at leg press. (I've been cycling a lot recently. You have been warned.) I'm probably nowhere near as strong as I was when I played hockey though - I miss it, but can't face the AU, team bonding and Saturday matches. Or the cheerleaders. Oh god! So hopefully the gym and I will be friends, but there were a whole lot of skinny people down there today, not to mention the jocks.
(If you weren't bored by all that, you're a very special person.)
p.s Beware the Lists. They will be arriving soon.

No comments: