Friday, February 08, 2008

I'm giving it away for free!

Yes it's true, I will be working for nothing this Easter! I've secured work experience at the awesome, incredible, amazing, award winning magazine that is Stuff, and I will be hanging out with the boys there for two weeks. I also have another placement which is an exciting, if not a little daunting week planned on the magazine team at The Times. Plus, I've applied for some launch experience for a new magazine, so altogether I have pretty much obliterated any idea of an Easter break completely.

However, it has to be done, because I had no real direction until my last year of uni. That means I don't have any journalism experience apart from Waterfront, which isn't ideal (even though it gave me realtime editing experience, and I think taught me a lot) so I feel very much like I'm playing catch-up here.

In any case, I'm very excited about the whole thing, and feel that with some national, decent work experience under my belt, I'll feel much more confident when it comes to the next task, which is getting a job.

Incredible? Yes. Terrifying? Also yes.

No comments: