Friday, October 06, 2006

What the hell? I went out??

Yup, Swansea was treated to an evening's entertainment as I (and, indeed, most of the editors of Waterfront) went on the piss. Sorry, I mean, partook in an evening out during which we imbibed several alcholoic drinks. Messy is not the word. My god.
Seriously though, it was singularly the best night out I have had in a long time.
We started in Varsity, a well decorated pub with a reputation as a cattle market. It was quiet, in fact there was only a couple of us there by the time I stumbled in - in the cutest pair of red shoes you have ever seen, I hasten to add - which cut my toes open and are now covered in blood. Nice. And I was late. After everyone else turned up, half an hour later, a few drinks and a remarkably efficent 'steal the stool' protocol whereby whenever someone got up another would sit down, which led to much mixing, I had drunk two glasses of rose and a dark rum and was certainly well on my way.
Eventually we got out of there and went to Idols. I'd never been there before, but it was actually really quite good and I did have a good time there. The music was shockingly cheesey, just the way I like it, but holy crud, the drinks. I'm sure I drank one in every colour of the rainbow. They were awful. Believe it or not, you can get a cheap version of VK - the cheap version of WKD - called VS. Disgusting. And I drank it anyway.
We then moved on to Revolution, where I nearly got everyone chucked out by threatening to walk across the table because I wanted to get out, but they have 'U' shaped tables and I got a bit claustrophobic. Meanies.
Anyway, while I was there, it's entirely possible that I might have suggested that we went to Jumpin' Jaks - the cheesiest club in the town, dontcha know. This was quarter to one.
So, off some of us went, me barefoot in the rain. We were all soaked through by the time we got there. Once there, we had the pleasure of the entirely predictable retro cheese music. I loved it. And I had the pleasure of danicing with Dai, who not only is incredibly clever (no, seriously, you should see his website
http://www.daibach.co.uk/) and pixie-like, but is very good fun -and also my height, pretty much. Short men are definitely the best to dance with. For me anyway.
We had a very good time, and he took good care of me - Jak's can also be a bit of a cattle market, especially with the middle aged men who often lurk on the side of the dance floor - yuk. However, it's still my favourite club, no doubt.
There was much hugging and dancing and drinking (ahhh, Waterfront gets loved up!) We eventually stumbled out and headed home. I got a whole 5 hours sleep before cycling into uni during a break in the rain. The office was hangover central. I had to leave at 3ish. Well, I'd done some proof reading, dammit. I've just got out of a beautiful bath, and at my house tonight we're watching X Men 3, yay! I love Wolverine. Perfect hangover night in.

No comments: