Sunday, October 29, 2006

Zander pays a visit...

So yesterday, the house and associated flatmates were treated to a sight indeed; three female generations of my family in one room. Nanny mark 1, 2 and 3. Of course there wasn't a lot of room once we were all in there! Mum drove Zander up, and while they went home after a few hours, the rest of us all got ready and went out for a meal and then hit town.
Said town was packed. I've never seen Swansea so busy! We went to Que Pasa for cocktails and tragic VJ-ing, and then on to the lava lounge, which evidently was holding some kind of grab a grandad night. The music was old and likeable, lots of disco and some Wham! which always goes down well with me. I usually dance like a mad lady when I'm out (as some friends will surely verify) so it was a relatively quiet one for me. Zander however, seemed to really enjoy himself and is currently going on about how much he likes Wales. I'm still having problems believing that my little brother is eighteen. He's spent the entire week celebrating so he was shattered by the time he got round to visiting me.
I was also supposed to be at a stag do last night; one of my friends from the infamous house in Uplands where I've spent a few evenings (including the one where a good girlfriend of mine came on to me rather disasterously) is getting married. We've been through the whole why thing, and actually I think it's a perfectly fine idea. Not that my opinion makes any difference. Very excited for them both. So last night was the stag do, and although I missed all the stripping, I was in time to help them drink a bottle of my favourite rum (Captain Morgan's Spiced, in case you were wondering) and to chat. The actual thing is happening on Tuesday, so I'm out to dinner to celebrate. Good job my loan came through! Although I really spoilled Zander (and myself) this weekend. Oh well. He'll only be eighteen once.

No comments: