Wednesday, August 01, 2007

...and it's August already!

Graduation was awesome. All the family behaved themselves, (well, I'm not counting the mass cheering when I got up on stage) and everyone met Dai's family, although it was a little brief for some. We had a lovely meal at Spice in Swansea, and Nanny made me a fantastic cake.

The graduation ball was held in the Liberty Stadium, and that was fantastic as well. Dai and I stayed in a hotel, which was a real treat, and we had a great time. I worked in Surrey for Redhill Park music festival, which was unfortunately a little quiet, and was laughed at by an editor of a magazine when I asked about work experience becasue I have a degree in International Relations (not media), and last weekend we went to the Global Gathering. On the way there, things seemed oddly familiar...when we passed Eastnor Castle I realised why! This time last year I was there, working at the Big Chill. It's happening this weekend, but my company doesn't have the contract this year. Next work is at V. I'm hoping to be able to persuade my bosses that I can commute to Cardiff Calling/South West Four, as hopefully, I'll be installed in Cardiff then. I'm going househunting with my new flatmate on Monday. Fingers crossed we'll find a good place.

The Gathering was awesome, we had great time, apart from when it rained. Faithless were really good, and we were at the front, which was really cool, and I got to see Basement Jaxx, who I love anyway, and that was amazing. There was so much going on!

When we got back Dai was feeling ill: no suprise there, he works really hard, but it meant he was home for two days, so I've delayed going down to Plymouth for a day to spend time with him, which was, as always, lovely. Even if he was ill. So once I've got my stuff together I'm heading down to Devon for a few days, although I'll be back for the weekend, when Dai's at home. The next plan is to go to Paris for a few days at the beginning of September. I am so excited!

No comments: