Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Magazine stuff

*For the record, trying to organise this course is doing my head in. And I'm about to go on holiday, which is great, but...damn banks with their bad timing!*

All the magazine blogs are talking about Teen Mags. Apparently Teen Mags are going under because their readers, particularly teen girls, are switching to 'adult' titles at an ever-increasingly-earlier age. Ummm...yeah. It's not exactly new. I didn't read Teen Mags. By the time I saw one, (maybe aged 15?) they seemed childish, and I was reading Cosmopolitan. Which I ceased reading when I was 16, feeling the celeb gossip and pop psychology was immature. In the spirit of the other magbloggers (who monitor their offspring's magazine tastes), although I don't have children, I would like to anecdotally refer to my boyfriend's younger sister, who reads Glamour. (And, in all probability, others, but I know she particularly likes Glamour).

Glamour seems to have caputured quite a lot of the female 'teen' market actually, whether intentionally or not, but I know a lot of 22 year olds read it too. In fact, I quite enjoy it, and I'm very hard to please. I like food magzines, but obviously, as a vegan, prefer Vegetarian Magazine (from the BBC). I subscribe to Scarlet, which is my all-time favourite mag, and I'm on a Marie Claire trial. I'm keeping an eye on Marie Claire, it's changed a lot since I last read it. I also love Good Housekeeping, and am sure others would too, if they changed the title name. No one wants to be a housewife, but it's a very good magazine. Again, aimed at way above my age. Looks like that's one trend that's set to continue!

No comments: