Monday, March 06, 2006

oh no, she's banging on about veganism again...

I know I've mentioned it before, but I REALLY REALLY love and am addicted to www.veganlunchbox.blogspot.com ...and today I was browsing Jennifershmoo's other blog (see it at www.schmooblog.blogspot.com). She has made a little list of
...if the whole world was vegan...

Which made me think of my own list! (YAY! I love lists!!)

If the Whole World were Vegan I would....

1/ Eat out a lot more. Being Vegan means eating out is hard, if not actually impossible. Usually there may be one thing on the menu you can collaberate with the chef over to make it vegan. Or you can go to a special restaurant, where the food may be vegan, but it may equally be tasteless, and I hate paying for food when I can make it better at home. (That actually happens a lot. I think it's partly because when you cook for yourself, usually totally from scratch, ALL the time, you really get down to what you like and what you don't. It's also because when you have that much practice, and are a student on a seriously low budget you've got to get good - or really hungry.)

2/Make more friends! Maybe. Some people, I've noticed, make eating a lot of meat part of their personality...How odd is that? I'm a vegan, but it's not my personality - it's my lifestyle, idiot. It does make compassion part of my personality though - what do you get?

3/Talk about vegan food less, and talk about food more. It would all be the same!

4/Start up the 50's diner I dream about - immediately. I'd be one of the few who actually knew how to cook.

5/Hopefully, get more time to study and make clothes - now I can eat out!

6/Drink alcohol (especially wine) and not think twice!

7/Rejoice in smoke free air. I have a strong belief that you can't smoke and be vegan. Think of the Beagles, and all the crap in the tobacco - you know what it is, do you? Do you my ass! There is a vegan brand, but that doesn't make it much nicer.

Anyway, that list got a bit out of hand. I don't mean to sound so...vegan!
I do like my lists, so there's bound to be more. It's another seminar week, I'm up late trying to scrape a presentation together - I hate giving bad presentations, but I've really tried on this one, but am throughly confused.
Another one to give on Friday...there are not enough hours this week.
If you see any bits of my brain floating round Wales after my head has exploded, please let me know...I feel a combustion coming on!

No comments: